Members of the Caltech Associates are invited to engaging events featuring faculty, students, and alumni who are pushing back the frontiers of science and engineering.
Your Passport to Discovery
With about 20 events each year created by the Caltech Associates staff, there are regular opportunities to learn about what's new and what's next—directly from the people defining future directions in a broad range of disciplines.
Associates members receive priority registration, a special benefit for lifelong learners. Question-and-answer sessions afford the chance to gain even more insight. And intimately scaled gatherings allow for one-on-one interaction with faculty members at the forefront of their fields and up-and-coming innovators.
Selected Past Events
- "On a Mission: Exploring Mars," featuring Kenneth Farley, Caltech's W. M. Keck Foundation Professor of Geochemistry and project scientist for Mars 2020 at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- Private Tour of JPL including talks from specialists not available in the public tour
- "(R)evolutionary Science," featuring Nobel laureate Frances Arnold, Caltech's Linus Pauling Professor of Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering and Biochemistry, and director of the Donna and Benjamin M. Rosen Bioengineering Center
- "Robots, Drones, and Machine Learning: A Panel on the Future of Autonomous Technology," moderated by Caltech Distinguished Alumna award recipient Sandra Tsing Loh, and featuring
- Aaron Ames, Caltech's Bren Professor of Mechanical and Civil Engineering and Control and Dynamical Systems
- Anima Anandkumar, Caltech's Bren Professor of Computing and Mathematical Sciences
- Soon-Jo Chung, Caltech's Bren Professor of Aerospace and Jet Propulsion Laboratory research scientist
- Yisong Yue, assistant professor of computing and mathematical sciences at Caltech
- "Planet Nine," featuring Konstantin Batygin, professor of planetary science at Caltech, and Mike Brown, Caltech's Richard and Barbara Rosenberg Professor of Planetary Astronomy